Zeraea Kye

Zeraea Kye

Friday, July 23, 2010

Zeraea's Birth ~4/16/2010

Birth worried me, I felt scared but oddly relieved. I went to my normal 38 week appointment thinking labor was still awhile off. She checked me, 3cm dialated 80% effaced. My blood pressure was high the past couple of appointments so she decided to send me to the hospital to get my blood pressure checked over time to see if I had preclamsia or not. I didn't. In the hospital I dialated to 4cm, they sent me home saying I wasn't in active labor. We went home and I begn eating Subway, my usual Turkey sandwich. I began having some painful contractions for the first time. Every time I went to go take a bite, I'd have one...I was HUNGRY haha. I decided to get up and try to go take a bath, thinking maybe that will make me feel a little more comfortable. As I walked into the bathroom, my water broke. It wasn't dramatic like you see one TV where it goes ALL over the floor. Honestly, I wasn't sure if my water broke or not lol. I peeked out of the bathroom and told Kevin that it broke (or I thought it did) and he's like "Gotta Go!". 20minutes since I left the hospital, I was back contractions about 1 minute apart. On the way back to the hospital I was talking to my mother on the phone, trying too. Every contraction I'd just pull the phone away from my head (hearing someone talk made me more annoyed haha). I got to the hospital and all I wanted to do was go to the bathroom. I sat on the toilet and wanted to stay there. It made my contractions easier, but NOOOO the stupid nurse told me I had to get up and come to the bed, so I did. When they checked me again once in my room, I was 7 1/2 cm dialated. Never had I been so tired, I probably hadn't slept in 2 days. Had to have an epidural, (regret it now haha). About an hour or so later I was ready to give birth, they waited another 30minutes or so to birth her down naturally. Then the pushing started. I was happy to feel that my epidural had worn off enough for me to feel everything (when her head was coming, out, etc) but without the pain. About 10 pushes later her head was out, cord wrapped twice around it. Our hearts stopped, she was blue and wasn't crying. They worked on her for a few seconds and she began crying and pinked up. Relieved tears fell from my eyes. Then happiness came over me. My baby girl was here, 9:11pm. She was 7lbs 1 oz, 20 1/2 in long. !! Kevin's face lite up, I can still picture it in my head. That pure love and admiration as he looked down at his baby girl. I think I fell in love with him all over again in that moment. A family of three :)

No comments:

Post a Comment