Zeraea Kye

Zeraea Kye

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Biggest What If...

I went to the movies last night to see Life As We Know It (which is so sweet, btw!). This movie is about two people who are brought together because close mutual friends died and in their will left them their daughter. It hit me in a way I didn't think it would. Being a parent now, it made me put myself in their situation. Made me ask questions, if something were to happen to my Fiance and I, where would my daughter go? Who could I trust enough to raise my daughter? Who could possibly be good enough for her? Honestly, thinking about it, no one. I know, that's a selfish way of thinking but I can't imagine having to choose someone to raise my daughter.

Logical thought for us, is Kevin's sister. But on the other hand, I don't like that idea. First, being that I have only known her for two years and only met her physically twice. Second, being that I don't agree with her way of parenting (not saying its wrong, just not my cup of tea). I don't believe that you have to spank your child to discipline them. I think that a strong tone and time out, and being very consistent with the time-out will prove more successful. Plus, thinking of ANYONE spanking my child, pisses me off! It sucks that I can't really rely on anyone in my family. Anyone I trust is too old, and wouldn't be able to handle a child. Mother, Step-Dad, Brother, are all a no.

When I really think about it, it hurts realizing that I don't trust anyone in my life enough to raise my daughter. Worries me. Somehow I want to figure this out in my mind, because I don't know how much time we may have left. My life has proven to me that life is fragile and nothing is promised to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment